adtop

British earldom (5 letters)

{ Answer }

ESSEX

{ Related Clues }

1920's auto
Auto of yore
Colchester's county
County on the Thames
Elizabeth's favorite
Elizabeth's love
Favorite of Elizabeth
Historic earldom
One of the Home Counties
Hudson contemporary
Hupmobile contemporary
Old car
Reo competitor
Reo contemporary
Reo rival
Robert Devereux
Anglo-Saxon kingdom
Beloved of Elizabeth I
Character in "Elizabeth the Queen"
Connecticut River town
County abutting London
County bordering Cambridgeshire
County NE of London
County of Newark, N.J.
County next to London
County of Salem, Mass.
Courtier of Elizabeth I
Historic English county
A lover of Elizabeth I
New Jersey county
Paramour of Elizabeth I
Robert Devereux's earldom
The Thames borders it
Thomas Cromwell, Earl of ___
Big-selling 1920's car
Earl of ___, favorite of Elizabeth I
English county on the North Sea
Executed paramour of Elizabeth I
One of Greater London's "home counties"
Locale of London Stansted Airport
Earl of ___, favorite of Queen Elizabeth I
Ill-fated favorite of Elizabeth I

{ Tags }

auto, car, contemporary, county, devereux, devereuxs, earl, earldom, elizabeth, english, essex, favorite, historic, i, london, lover, queen, reo, robert, sea, thames

{ Notes }

The answer ESSEX is seen frequently, appearing about once every 150 puzzles.

{ Definition }

ESSEX as a noun:

1. a county in southeastern England on the North Sea and the Thames estuary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2008-2014 XCrosswordXHelperX. Definitions from Princeton WordNet.